Teamleader Mechatronic Development
Our client, Chassis Brakes International is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of automotive braking solutions. Its products – disk brakes, drum brakes, electro-mechanical parking brakes and rotors – are dedicated to passenger cars and light commercial vehicles.
Chassis Brakes International benefits from a strong expertise gained throughout more than 90 years in the foundation brakes industry under different banners. Since June 2012, the Group has been part of KPS Capital Partners, LP portfolio companies.
Chassis Brakes International has a global footprint with operations in Europe, Asia, South Africa, North and South America. The Group employs 5,500 people in 16 countries at 13 manufacturing sites and 10 engineering centers or sales offices.
In 2015, the company’s worldwide sales equated to €860 million.
Chassis Brakes International will establish in 2017 a new R&D center dedicated to the development of future braking solutions: “brake-by-wire solutions”. This competence center will be located at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, Netherlands, known for its start-up culture as well as its software and electromechanical competences which will allow the Group to build a solid expertise in the brake-by-wire solutions.
For this new location we are looking for a
Teamleader Mechatronic Development.
Take responsibility for the development of mechatronic systems, consisting of hardware (mechanics, electronics) and (embedded) software for electromechanical brake products. Drive the project team from specification through system integration and towards release for volume. The Mechatronics Development department is responsible for the definition, realization and qualification of mechatronic functions, modules, (sub) systems and infrastructures within these products.
- Responsible for the delivery of a mechatronic system. Duties include determining technology choices as well as the specification, design, integration and qualification of mechatronic systems. Drive the development work and participate in reviewing designs. Use leadership and teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize team performance.
- Define and write requirements and specifications in Innovation development projects, Cooperation with the design mechanical team for electromechanical components, with the software design team.
- Analyze potential customer needs and determine electronic system requirements, capacity, and cost to develop a system plan
- Create and maintain project plans and proactively drive project realization.
- Manage the delivery of specifications, designs, prototypes and test plans in your team that meet the requirements of the development program.
- Review technical proposals, manage time, quality and budget as well as the risks and issues in your project.
- Work with team-leaders from mechanical, electronic and software development who take operational responsibility within your project.
- Work intensively with external co-developers and external manufacturing facilities to ensure timely delivery of prototypes and a smooth transition to volume production.
- Interaction with other project leaders on technical content and with group leaders on allocation of people to your project.
- Assure completeness and versioning of system and Hardware documentation in accordance with internal processes and / or ISO 26262 standard.
Masters in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics or Physics. 5 to 10 years of experience in mechatronic project and developing, integrating, testing and realization for complex multidisciplinary products.
Knowledge of Embedded C Code, Matlab/Simulink XPC Target, ISO26262 Matlab Toolbox, DOORS, Dspace, CAN, FlexRay
Knowledge about ISO 26262 standard, VDA, Autosar
Fluent in English
As a Teamleader the following competences are relevant:
- Planning & Organisation
If you are interested in this challenging position, please contact Robert Jan Prins at 0031 629 534310 or per email at email@example.com