Our client, Innovation Industries, is the largest and fasted growing high-tech venture capital fund in the Netherlands. Innovation Industries focuses on investments in high growth companies that are active in the following sectors: high-tech, medtech and agri & food tech.
Innovation Industries supports its portfolio companies by providing both funding as well as hands-on guidance. Innovation Industries works collaborates closely with the four Dutch technical universities (Eindhoven, Twente, Delft and Wageningen) and the Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research (TNO and DLO).
With offices in Eindhoven and Amsterdam and a team consisting of (currently) 8 dedicated and passionate investment professionals, Innovation Industries helps to grow start-ups and scale-ups into successful mature companies.
Due to the rapid growth of Innovation Industries and its portfolio, it wishes to strengthen its organization with an:
with knowledge and experience in the medical technology sector.
The Director will have an active role in deal sourcing, deal making, strategic and financial analysis, due diligence, portfolio management and the preparation and execution of exits and add-on acquisition. Primary focus will be on medtech and healthcare related deals and portfolio companies, but involvement may be extended to other technologies and industries.
The Investment Director will be part of a highly professional and knowledgeable investment team and will be sparring partner for the boards of the fund’s portfolio companies.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Source medtech and healthcare investments, including meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, and attending relevant conferences and networking events
- Oversee Innovation Industries’ medtech and healthcare related investments processes, including deal structuring and deal execution including due diligence prior to the closing of deals
- Serve on the board and coach medtech portfolio companies on their product development, go-to-market strategies, etc.
- Develop a knowledge base of emerging medtech and healthcare technologies of interest to Innovation Industries
- Provide thought leadership in medtech and healthcare domains.
- A Master or PhD graduate degree in a medical, biotechnological or technical education
- Finished education with outstanding grades
- 10-15 years relevant experience in a medtech or healthcare company with a focus on product development and/or business development
- Sound analytical skills and knowledge of accounting, business and economics
- Knowledge of regulatory trajectories in healthcare
- A good understanding of technical propositions
- Excellent Dutch and English writing and oral skills.
- Team player, but ability to work independently
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail combined with a solutions-oriented, strategic mindset
Innovation Industries’ offer
Innovation Industries offers a market competitive salary and the opportunity to work for one of the largest high-tech VC funds in the Netherlands.
You will be on top of the latest and innovative technologies and can expect a steep learning curve.
Your career can evolve into a full partner position in one of Innovation Industries’ future VC funds.
Your basis will be either in Amsterdam or Eindhoven, with frequent trips to (potential) portfolio companies in the Netherlands.
Are you interested in this position? Please contact Robert Prins from MASE International for more information on the following number 06-29534310. If you would like to apply directly, send an email to; email@example.com with the reference II-IA02